I’m excited to share one of my daughter’s favorite cake recipes. This easy cake recipe is great if you are new to baking with your kids, or looking for a recipe your child can try on their own or, you just want a quick easy dessert for guests. This Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is perfect for the job. Baking a cake doesn’t get any easier than this. With just a few ingredients you probably already have in you kitchen, you are guaranteed success and a fun time baking with your kids and a cake made completely from scratch with no artificial ingredients. I made this cake with fresh pineapple but feel free to substitute canned pineapple. I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate 8 eggs whites from egg yolks
- In a 12” oven proof skillet or pan, melt sugar and butter under medium flame
- Peal and cut fresh pineapple (I recommend fresh pineapple, but you may use canned pineapple) and arrange slices on top of melted butter and sugar mixture
- For the cake mix, in a mixing bowl whip 8 egg whites and gradually add 8 Tablespoons of sugar
- Once well mixed add 8 egg yolks
- Gently fold in 1/2 cup of flour into the egg mixture and gradually add 1/4 of milk and 1/4 cup of oil and pour over the pineapple mixture and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Let cake cool for about 15 minutes, run knife around edge of cake then carefully invert into a platter.