4 tsp raw sugar
1 bunch kale, rinsed
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp. raw honey
¾ tsp. salt
3 tbsp. lemon olive oil (or regular olive oil)
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup chopped almonds
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup green grapes, whole
8 large figs, rinsed and sliced in half, lengthwise
3 tbsp. butter
½ cup goat cheese or mozzarella
1. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Strip kale leaves from the stalk, discard stalk and chop leaves.
3. Put kale leaves into a large bowl, add lemon, honey and salt. Using your hands, massage ingredients for about a minute.
4. Add olive oil, raisins, almonds, walnuts, grapes, and a pinch of black pepper. Combine well and set aside.
5. Preheat broiler to high.
6. Dip the cut end of the figs into the sugar and cinnamon mixture and set cut side up on a foiled lined cookie sheet. Top each fig with a small slice of butter. Broil for about 3 minutes, and then add about a teaspoon of goat cheese (or mozzarella) to the tops of each of the figs. Broil for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Place figs on the salad and enjoy!
Tip: You could set aside some of the grapes, raisins, almonds, and walnuts to top the salad for a more inviting presentation.